Thursday, July 26, 2012

Let the Games Begin!

The Olympic Torch is making its way through all of London’s boroughs this week during the final stage of the torch relay. 

My bucket list includes going to the Olympics (as a fan, not an athlete!) so living in London this summer has made me one lucky lady!

Our luck didn’t run out when we applied for tickets through the lottery. UK residents with visa cards were offered tickets before anyone else. So after my lost-wallet debacle where my first order of tickets was cancelled along with all of my credit cards, we re-applied during Round 2 and were able to snag Men’s Beach Volleyball (David is really looking forward to that), Men’s Soccer, and Women’s Volleyball. So watch for us in the cheering crowds on TV on August 4th, 6th and 9th!

When we heard the torch was making its way through Ealing a few days before the Opening Ceremony, we applied for tickets to a local party in the park and won those too! 

So Tuesday evening Jordan, David, and I headed to Walpole Park to see the final leg of the Ealing Torch Relay.

At the party, David and I got the chance to hold a London 2012 torch!  Each runner gets to keep their torch because it’s the flame that’s continuous throughout the relay, not the hardware.

High five, Wenlock!

Jordan and me with our commemorative Torch Relay 2012 Coca-Colas

I sported my London 2012 T while David donned his red, white, and blue and Jordan waved the Union Jack!

Here it comes!

Ealing’s Torch Runner

The grand finale – lighting the cauldron for the flame to continue 
its journey across London’s neighborhoods the next day.

We are counting down the days now until we get to witness the events first-hand. Go Team USA and Team GB!!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you guys! You have the time and desire to experience all of the amazing adventures including the Olympics. Your Mom and I will be watching on the dates you said and we hope we see you. Pray for good weather.
    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun post! Make sure you take tons of pictures when you go. I do have to say, Wenlock is a little scary . . .

    ReplyDelete