Friday, November 12, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

Once upon a time in a land far, far away away I met a girl named Katie.

We had so much in common – we were born just two days apart, freshmen at UT living in Dobie, study buddies at the business school, and pledge brothers in Alpha Kappa Psi.

After four years of school, it was time to graduate and enter the real world.

But before the fun was over, we made one last girl’s trip to Cozumel!  During the entire trip, Katie was the only one to know that David would propose to me when we got home… 

She kept the secret and was a huge help planning our wedding!  She came to Vegas for my bachelorette party.

She hosted my lingerie shower in Houston.

And she was a bridesmaid on the big day! 
Even living hundreds of miles apart, we still managed to see each other at least every couple of months.  Last year for our birthdays, we celebrated at the happiest place on Earth – Disneyworld!

A few months before our trip to Florida, Katie’s boyfriend, Dave, had popped the question!

So in October I flew back to Texas to host Katie's bachelorette party, a wine tour through the Texas hill country and a fun night out in Austin!

And last weekend David and I flew to Houston to be a part of the wedding! 

I was a maid of honor and David was a groomsman.

We saw all of our old friends we don’t get to see as often as we used to.  We danced the night away!  We toasted the lovebirds and they lived happily ever after!

The End!   

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! It looks you had a great time at the wedding. Please tell you friend Katie that her wedding dress is gorgeous! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all had so much fun and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete